It's about 2 in the morning. And I feel like a cross between an 80 year old woman and a 21 year old. Why? Well I am up at 2 (the 21 year old part) but, I'm watching the Game Show Network....bring on the Family Feud! I could watch it all day (the 80 year old part). Who am I really?!
As you can tell, I have been taking a break. Last week, I was a cleaning machine. This week? I'm off to see Fun. in concert, with my favorite cousins Katie& Haylee.
While I have taken this break, I got to 200 followers. Within a day, I was at 199. But yesterday? 201. My latest follower? Cute big butt teen photos. No lie. Hi CBBTP! Welcome! :)
I will be back full force soon. I have more than 30 drafts in my folder. I'm ready to break them lose and show you (2 months later) the 2nd part of my birth story. If you don't believe me...that's ok. I don't believe myself either. *yay procrastination!!!*
Also...I have been a reading machine. If you follow me on Good reads, you would notice. Have you read "Beautiful Disaster"? No? DO IT!!! If you like tormented love...you will like this. I read this book (and it's sequel "Walking Disaster") in 2 days. Over 800 pages. Yes I am tired, and no...my son will not bargain with me when I tell him I was up at 3am reading. You would really think a 3 year old would get the concept of bargaining by now...especially with me as a mom. Jeesh. (Follow mehere.)
Today (later) tonight starts Catfish. Tune into MTV and have your mind blown by the crazies. (This is not towards all the people who find love online). Just the crazies.
And finally. Pen Pals. I miss mail that arrives in my mailbox. Awhile ago I participated in a Pen Pal Swap thingy but it never went through.
I got one letter from my Pen Pal and it stopped.
Well I want to make this happen.
Who wants to get on in it?
I will post later this week, but if you are interested, leave a comment with your email address!!! I think it will be fun!!!
First things first. Happy Father's Day to all the real dad's out there. The ones who are there for you and love you. Happy day to my Daddie (his spelling not mine) who I believe is one of the most intelligent people in the world.
And Happy day to my baby Daddy. I love you Wally.
And now, linking up on this (hopefully) wonderful Sunday, with that little social link-up going on. 1. What is your biggest driving pet peeve? I don't speed. I just can't afford a ticket. So if you are riding my ass and I'm going the speed limit, back off. Also. Blinkers. They do make them for a reason. So we know what the heck you are doing! Are you turning? Switching lanes? Being an idiot?
2. Biggest Blogging pet peeve?
Bloggers who only write. They never tweet, return emails, visit other's blogs, interact in general. That is what it is all about. (And of the course "I follow you, follow me back!)
3. Biggest general pet peeve?
If I'm behind you, please hold the door for me. I will say thank you. - If I hold the door for you, please don't ignore me. That is rude. Why are people so darn rude?
* this originally appeared as a guest post on Suze's blog. *
So awhile ago I started a series (that I am about to pick up again) called "What did they DO to you?" It's pretty much the horror that is Hollywood today. Here are my first posts (hereand here) which are all female singers, actresses, etc.
*note: I do feel bad for these people. I'm sure they have a lot of pressure to look good or young, but in the end they are just making it worse*
Bruce Jenner. Or as people know him today, Kardashian's step dad
Mickey Rourke . Why did you have to do this to your face?
Carrot Top. I mean this actually terrifies me.
And probably the most famous in plastic surgery history. Michael Jackson.
He used to so pretty good looking.
So which one do you think is the worst? Did I miss anyone? Tune in soon for the next installment!
Alrighty. I'm sure you are all just dying waiting for the second part of Guss talking about me. :) If you missed it last week, here ispart I. Here is Part II. Where he shares the things about me that drive him crazy. Don't worry...I still love him. ------------------------------------------------------ Not all of these things are "good", some are just annoying. You know stuff that you might bring up in a room with a marriage counselor or something. But that's OK not everything is perfect. As my grandpappy once said, "life isn't all lollipops and gumdrops son!". Okay he never said that in fact I'm confident he has never used the word lolly pop or gumdrop.
* My wife has a condition that I call iPod ADD. Can we please here the end of a song or hey here is a thought how about the middle. Always changing the song half a verse in. I don't know how she knows if she like the song or not she never listens to it. Next song..next...next, I would say it's the most annoying thing.
* But if she doesn't hear something on the TV she has to rewind it. It's never something important to the plot that she misses either. "What was the dogs name?". Who cares, it doesn't matter, lets finish this show I need to go to bed! Even the commercial will get rewound. I thought that was the purpose for the DVR so we don't have to watch bad commercials for Big Al's Carpet City. I don't know why she cant do what I do, just assume its unimportant and move on and if it was try and piece it together later.
* Have you ever had someone ask you a question that you are pretty sure they didn't care what the answer was. The best example is two different shoes, one on each foot. What shoe looks better. "I like the one on the left foot!". Next thing I know the pair that was on the right foot is being worn. I really do assume it's because that's the one I didn't pick. This is done purposely just to be annoying and frustrating. But what can you do right?
* The thing that starts an argument the fastest in this house happens right away in the morning. Miranda is not what anyone would refer to as a morning person. I would even call her a noon person. I on the other hand am a morning person, well a 7 or 8 o'clock person, my employer seems to think that 4am is the morning, I disagree. So every morning that I am home starts with the first wake up call... "uuuugggggghhhhhh just a half an hour more". This wish is granted and met with..... "come back in ten minutes". OK.. ten minutes pass and I let my impatience be known. Another few minutes pass and I'm proclaiming loudly "get up", "I'm awake", "but you're not up". * Hey! I guess I got one more in me. So as my dad's friends used to say, "Here's one for the road!". They really did say that...what it was a different simpler time...don't judge. You know what just take the Pabst Blue Ribbon OK!? I don't not believe that as of the 11th grade she has written a research paper. Except for maybe an art or German paper. I have written all her papers in 11th 12th and 4 (or more) years in college. Boy did she do good on them too. ( I deny this vehemently do you think I want to lose my Bachelor's degree?!?!?! ) Well that's all I have. I don't really know how to end this.........that's what she said ---------- He's so classy.
I do not know what you are calling this blog subject. But I am giving it my own title: 10 things I know about you. I of course know more than 10 but it seemed like a good number. It worked in the movies right. I mean the y made two movies that used the number 10 in a list. Maybe its not as good of a reason as that Kate Hudson chick and I don't really remember why Julia Styles chose it. Yea that's right, I watched those movies.
* First of all she is the most wonderful women alive, she just lights up my life....mmm threw up in my mouth a little.. If you know anything about Miranda you know she is not a mushy person. Anything "lovey dovey" is meet with distaste. Oh and PDA is plain unacceptable. We both happen to agree on this subject. * The best way to put the next thing is she is an IMDB brain. I, as well as her mom and sisters, can begin a sentence with "who's that lady who was in that movie?". She will promptly reply "Oh Emma Roberts!" Or I will be talking about Ann Hathaway and she will reply with "you mean Natalie Portman?", "yea I cant keep these people straight.". Don't worry she's caught up on all these peoples whereabouts...who's dating who, who broke up so on and so on. * If you are counting the * as numbers, here is 3 and 4. One thing I love most about he is she really dose like sports, well playoff basketball, baseball and especially football. However she is very superstitious, and has to knock on wood if you say that something to benefit the Packers is going to happen. Even if you think it. A first I thought this was bogus but went along with it. That's when we decided to test this theory. I am sorry to tell any Packer fans listing that we are responsible for the 2005 season where they went 4-12. I don't know if it works or not we aren't testing it again. She also talks to her dad on the phone after every touchdown. The only problem with this is sometimes we are being due to pausing because of a toddler or the refrigerator calling. There's nothing like watching the game wondering whats going to happen and the phone ringing "oh I Bet they score here!". *When Eminem released the Eminem Show we were there. Miranda instantly began memorizing the lyrics to Superman and before to long we could rap the whole song, her mostly without the music playing. We began learning other songs on the CD and would have rap offs in the car. I would always lose by messing up the fast raps in Cleaning out my closet. I still screw up those parts even to this day. * I wouldn't say that I am always wrong and Miranda is always right, that's just nonsense. However, she does have a knack to make me wrong. Example 1: We have some ribs from a BBQ restaurant. I thought the dog would enjoy a rib bone or two and I proceeded to give him one. I heard "he's just going to puke that up", "why would he puke this up we gave bones to our dogs growing up all the time" "OK you better hope you are right". The next morning rib bone puke on the bed, Thanks Bailey! No more bones for you! Example 2: about the beginning of the 2006 football season I declared that neither Manning would win a Superbowl. Football fans know what happened, Peyton went and won it that year and for an encore his little brother Eli won it the next year. Yep they went back to back just to make sure I was wrong. I am convinced if I said the sky is blue and she said no it lime green I would look up and it would be lime green!
Just an FYI, the Midwest Blogger Get together has been cancelled. Only a handful of people confirmed coming. So I hope to get another going for the fall, I guess I forgot how crazy the summer is. Let me know if you are interested in planning another one...if not, it will just be me andSuze then!!! :)
Hello: Well first things first...Starting Sunday I'm off on vacation. I'll let this conversation from "Modern Family" tell you where I'm going.
Cameron : Maybe we should go away. You know, go someplace to heal.
Mitchell : Where?
Cameron : Well, someplace with a vibrant theater scene... Top-notch restaurants... The jewel of Missouri's white river.
Mitchell : We're not going to Branson.
Well actually...I am. Mason & I are joining my parents at their timeshare. Besides the neighboring Minnesota, this will be Mason's first trip out of the state.
Since I will be gone I will only be posting twice next week. But actually it won't be me...Guss will be guest posting. And it will give you a clear look at our very weird relationship.
However before that I have to share this. When I started the "Everyday in May" challenge (which I did fail) I was most excited for this topic. Awhile a go I mentioned on instagram and here I got my third tattoo.
So the subject: React to the term "letting go".
I actually got his tattoo a month before I even saw this but knew it would be the perfect time to finally show you what I got.
* Below is a picture of my tattoo. It is on the side of my right foot. I hate hate feet. I'm not super grossed out by them but really, who needs to see your feet? Not me. But I had to show an example...
(Also I need to get it touched up. Since the text was so thin, when it was healing/scabbing (ew) over it lost some of the letters...thankfully touch ups are free)
Now finally the reason why I got it:
A few years a go I was in therapy, mostly for my worrying and co-dependency. One of the most vivid things I remember from these sessions were letting go.
My therapist walks in and throws a pillow on the floor. She proceeds to tell me the pillow is her problems. I can listen to it, feel for her, but when the conversation is over, do I pick it up? Or just leave her problems there sitting on the floor.
Previously I was always picking that pillow up, carrying someone else's problems with me. Having that visual really made me realize, I can't do that. I need to let go.
Let it all go...everyone else's feelings and problems. I have enough of my own, I need to let go of what other people are throwing my way.
It is some of the best advice I have ever gotten and that is why it is now permanently on my body. A message I need to remember and believe in.