Monday, June 10, 2013

He's Still Talking --- Part II

Alrighty.  I'm sure you are all just dying waiting for the second part of Guss talking about me.   :)  

If you missed it last week, here is part I.   Here is Part II.  Where he shares the things about me that drive him crazy.  Don't worry...I still love him.

------------------------------------------------------

Not all of these things are "good", some are just annoying. You know stuff that you might bring up in a room with a marriage counselor or something. But that's OK not everything is perfect. As my grandpappy once said, "life isn't all lollipops and gumdrops son!". Okay he never said that in fact I'm confident he has never used the word lolly pop or gumdrop. 




* My wife has a condition that I call iPod ADD. Can we please here the end of a song or hey here is a thought how about the middle. Always changing the song half a verse in. I don't know how she knows if she like the song or not she never listens to it.  Next song..next...next, I would say it's the most annoying thing.


* But if she doesn't hear something on the TV she has to rewind it. It's never something important to the plot that she misses either. "What was the dogs name?". Who cares, it doesn't matter, lets finish this show I need to go to bed! Even the commercial will get rewound. I thought that was the purpose for the DVR so we don't have to watch bad commercials for Big Al's Carpet City. I don't know why she cant do what I do, just assume its unimportant and move on and if it was try and piece it together later. 


* Have you ever had someone ask you a question that you are pretty sure they didn't care what the answer was. The best example is two different shoes, one on each foot. What shoe looks better. "I like the one on the left foot!".  Next thing I know the pair that was on the right foot is being worn. I really do assume it's because that's the one I didn't pick. This is done purposely just to be annoying and frustrating. But what can you do right?


* The thing that starts an argument the fastest in this house happens right away in the morning. 


Miranda is not what anyone would refer to as a morning person. I would even call her a noon person. I on the other hand am a morning person, well a 7 or 8 o'clock person, my employer seems to think that 4am is the morning,  I disagree. 

So every morning that I am home starts with the first wake up call... "uuuugggggghhhhhh just a half an hour more".  This wish is granted and met with..... "come back in ten minutes". OK.. ten minutes pass and I let my impatience be known. Another few minutes pass and I'm proclaiming loudly "get up",  "I'm awake", "but you're not up". 

* Hey! I guess I got one more in me. So as my dad's friends used to say, "Here's one for the road!". They really did say that...what it was a different simpler time...don't judge. You know what just take the Pabst Blue Ribbon OK!?

 I don't not believe that as of the 11th grade she has written a research paper. Except for maybe an art or German paper. I have written all her papers in 11th 12th and 4 (or more) years in college. Boy did she do good on them too. ( I deny this vehemently    do you think I want to lose my Bachelor's degree?!?!?! )

Well that's all I have. I don't really know how to end this.........that's what she said


---------- He's so classy.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Bahahaha!! This is great!! I also have ipod ADD, you totally know in the first few opening bars whether you like a song or not!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...