So this is usually Awkward and Awesome but there is a lot more Awkward than usual. And then a few things that are Awesome to me but will probably be Awkward for you. And you may even think I'm crazy. But that's ok. Because I am. Crazy.
* A new batch of search words (that caused people to find my blog)
- awkward birthday cakes (it even has awkward in the name)
- how to draw ellen degeneres (because everyone needs to know that)
- i love never say no hello ooh ooh ooh nm (ummm what?)
* It was a nice day and the good looking mailman was wearing shorts and I said "whoooo!". Then I realized my window was open. I dropped to the floor and hoped he didn't realize it came from my house.
* Opening up my son's diaper to change it and it was...dirty. I said "whoa!" and now every time I change my sons diaper (#1 or #2) he says "whoa!:
* My dad singing "Red Sippie Cup" to my son. (Like "Red Solo Cup" if you have never heard it)
* Me saying "Just grab the beer, put in the diaper bag, and let's just go!" (this was uttered on our vacation, on our way to my parent's room)
Stuff that is Awesome to me
* My husband I making up our own phrases one night while trying to get my son to calm down before bed.
Me: Ok, that's enough Monkey-Ruckusing.
Him: No more Rough-Rhombus.
(utterly ridiculous phrases that make me laugh till i cry...maybe you had to be there)
* All the super cool names that just come out of my mouth when talking to my husband.
His real name: Russel. What I call him on paper/blog: Guss. Repeat Offenders: Wally, Judas.
Said the other night: "Thanks for feeding the dogs Raphael." (have no idea where that came from)
* And finally. My favorite. That may have you shaking your head at me.
Last week I was taking a shower. I was sitting down, thinking, and drinking a beer. Yes in the shower. It had been a looooong day.
While I was thinking I was singing the Fergie song "Glamorous" in my head and there is a certain part I always sing different than the actual words.
'After the show or after the Grammy's
I like to go cool out with the family
Sippin' reminiscing on days when I had a Mustang'
But instead of Mustang, I always say Mustache. I just think it fits so much better.
That got me thinking... "Mustache...Alex Trebek used to have a mustache."
So, Light bulb moment. I get out of the shower and tell my husband this fantastic idea. I am going to write a song about Alex Trebek/Jeopardy to the tune of "Glamorous". I am literally giddy and my husband asks me "If I go into the bathroom will I smell pot?" (I assure you that would never happen)
So I tweeted about it. And it's going to happen. And it will complete my life.
|Even my girl Liz Lemon from 30 Rock knows what's up with Mr. Trebek.|
So that's going to be all the crazy I will leave you with today. I don't know if you could handle much more. :)