Friday, January 13, 2012

Didn't Even Last A Week . . .

So...you know how I told you we shampooed our carpet? Well it looked beautiful (and I even have a picture to share with you next week that also has a rundown of the random things found under the couch). Last night all of that changed.


While a nap for the whole family 2:30-5:30pm seemed like a good idea, it really messed with all of our nights. Mason who goes to bed around 7:30pm had been playing around in his crib for about an hour and a half. So I gave in and let him come back out and play. Well I had been enjoying a nice glass of red wine, and I swore I had put it out of his reach...but all of a sudden I turn around and it is in his hands. He doesn't try to drink it, or just slosh it around in the cup. No...he literally picks it up and dumps it out. All of over the wall and the beautiful clean carpet. I said a few swear words while trying to get a towel and then I realize Mason is trying to play in it...So my mom was visiting and she restrained him while I do what I could.


Today it isn't looking horrible...a lot better than what I thought. But jeez...I've heard people say that when you have kids there is no such thing as a clean house...I so agree. My beautiful clean carpet lasted less than a week.


Oh yeah...Some interesting things on the bloggy blog next week! I am going to have somewhat of a theme for a few months this coming year. I am also behind on emails. Shocker. So I will get back to you! :)


I plan on blogging all week next week. Unless the Packers lose Sunday...then Monday will be a day of mourning. Have a Great Weekend! (And Weekend Words will return next Friday!)

5 comments:

Alana Christine said...

OH NO! Hope you got the wall/carpet clean!

Kodie said...

I agree with the mourning if we lose Sunday :( I wore my lucky Nelson jersey today and will wear it Sunday! I honestly have my mind so made up that we'll make it to the Super Bowl that just the THOUGHT of our season being over after this weekend makes me bummed. I might need a support group when football is over...LOL.

Bummer about the carpet :( My nephew tries to grab full glasses of stuff too! I caught him once with a FULL can of soda once. I didn't want to freak and scare him so I had to calmly and slowly walk over to get it from him before he dumped it.

rkjalernpan said...

Your poor carpet! Hope the rest of the weekend is uneventful =)

Mac said...

Let's hope for a Packer win!

beckaboots said...

Ouch! That sounds rough! I know what you mean though. It seems that I clean my house and within a day it's trashed again! Ahh.

Bekah
If Work Permits

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...