Sunday, January 1, 2012

My day late New Year's Post

So my New Year's wasn't too shabby.  Guss & I went to a local sushi restaurant where they also had some live music, then we came home to tell Mason good night, and then we walked across the street to the VFW.  Yes that's right...the good ol VFW.  It's actually not too bad - it's renovated, right on a river, walking distance so we don't have to drive, younger bartenders, and friendly people.  The crowd can be older but they do have some younger people too...plus their drinks are half the price of the college bars downtown.  

Well to ring in the New Year they gave everyone hats, crowns, beads, and free champagne!  Score.

Anyways, I have no pictures...or a blog post of my year in my review. lame i know.  So Holly had this little survey thingy over at her blog and I took the invitation of borrow/stealing it.


2011 in Review


What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I went to a NFL game that wasn't at Lambeau field, and an MLB game that wasn't at Miller Park.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep...My sister-in-law had twins on January 5th and my sister had her daughter February 22nd!

. Did anyone close to you die?
I am very thankful that no one close died to me in 2011.  Let's keep it going! :)

Did you visit anywhere exciting?
Well the football game mentioned above did turn out to be pretty exciting because the Packers beat their rival Vikings...at the Dome.


What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 5 - Mason turned 1 year old...it was surreal because the first year goes by soooo fast.

What was your biggest mistake?
Saying some things to a certain person that I shouldn't have.  But lesson learned.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Surprisingly the last time I got sick (that doesn't include a headache) was Jan 2 for a few days.  I brought in the New Year with my first sinus and ear infection.

What was the best thing you bought?
My Erin Condren planner... and my ipad2.  I'm in love with both.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I will just say my sisters on 2 separate occasions.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to an annual Milwaukee Brewer's game with my two favorite cousins.

What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Party Rock Anthem" LMFAO, and "Someone Like You" Adele because they were constantly played (I am agreeing with Holly on this one)...but I do love those songs.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? I think about the same.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.  

How did you spend Christmas?
See the posts above.

Did you fall in love in 2011?
Nope...But I am in love.

What was your favorite TV program?
"Modern Family",  "Revenge", "Parks & Recreation", "Pan Am"

What was the best book you read?
I read my first 3 Jodi Picoult books and they were the best books I read all year.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the ripe old age of 27 on July 25th.  It was a awesome day.  I got to sleep in a little then Guss, Mason, and I meet my cousin and friend at the Lake to swim.  It was such a nice day and so relaxing.




Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Well the typical Ryan's (Gosling & Reynolds) but I have been really loving Adam Scott (Ben Wyatt on Parks & Rec).  



Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
I need to stop worrying about other people's feelings.  I'm not saying to be rude or anything like that but I have a really hard problem making sure my actions don't affect others.  So I need to start living life my way and stop being so co-dependent.  I learned this in therapy...and it is one of the best lessons I have learned in my life.


Hope everyone has a great day!  Guss has the week off for vacation and tonight we are going to my cousin's house to watch the Rose Bowl!!! 


Go Badgers!!! Go Bucky!!!



8 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am definitely poorer than I was last year! :( Sad day!! Hahahah happy new year!

Kasey said...

I think I might post this survey too. (I'm a copy cat)

I'm also definitely poorer now. So sad!

Bree said...

Sounds like a good NYE :)

Haybaby102 said...

I like that brewer game pic better than this year, I'm skinnier and it is sunny!

Alana Christine said...

Love this post! What a great idea!
I agree with you on the Ryan's! Mmmm...sexy! ha ha
BTW, I'm still having planner envy--you'll have to let me know if it was worth the money (since it was a gift and you didn't spend the money--if you would purchase it again) when you start using it.

Katie said...

That pic of Mason...he looks so tiny! He's growing up so fast! I can't wait till our 'annual cousin brewer game this summer! =]

Holly said...

Haha yeah I love those songs too, I just know I'll always think of 2011 when I hear them :)

Modern Family rocks lol :)

So glad you had fun doing this post. Happy 2012!!

Kiley said...

Looooove Parks and Rec/Ben! :)

Happy new year, love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...