So I when I first started this "thing" I am going to talk about, I called it "purging". Then I realized it was a gross word that made me think about some bad things. So I went with - simplifying.
So lately I have felt so overwhelmed. Overwhelmed about all the books and magazines I wanted to read. The shows I wanted to watch, the house I wanted to clean. Just the constant to-do lists that had things never crossed off. I feel that attributed to my depression. Where there is so much to do but no desire to do it. Or no energy.
But that changes now.
It started with looking in my bathroom. The closet was full of stuff I never used, and the medicine cabinet as well. I started thinking...this is ridiculous...there is way too much stuff I have. And I don't even need it. So the list of simplifying began. This is what I am going through to simplifying my life.
- make up
- bathroom closet (shampoos, body washes, etc)
- dishes (we have so many extra cups and mugs we have acquired over the years)
- facebook friends (do i really care what my 8th grade friend whom I never talk to has to say?)
- people i follow on twitter (people i followed just to win a giveaway...really?!)
- blogs i follow (i have so many every-day reads I follow, but then I have blogs I have followed just because they have followed me...I'm sorry...I need to give you up)
- even Mason's toys makes the cut. he doesn't play with all of them and they just create clutter in my house.
I will be giving stuff I don't need to Savor's (like a goodwill here in my area), Once upon a Child (a second hand shop for kids), or selling it. I just want to get rid of the stuff I don't need and focus on the life I am living.
Have you ever decided to throw stuff out to simplify your life? Or do you need to?
P.S. Tomorrow, you will hear about my past week and weekend. It was quite eventful!