So Christmas has come and gone,
however I forgot to share with you a
Like Mason helping the tree. Every Christmas he has been around he has put on the star. (with a little help)
Then I made my own DIY Christmas Banner. Here is how I did it.
Braided some string to make it thick enough to hold the letters, then made triangles to cut out for each letter (It is going to say Joyful)
Cut the triangles using a scrapbook scissors to make it more cute, then used a black sharpie, hoped for my best handwriting, and then wrote down the letters.
I then hole punched each triangle twice, used thread to tie to the string and taped it up. Sorry for the bad picture, but I love it, and am proud of myself for actually doing something crafty!
I also forgot to share the Christmas
centerpiece that goes on my table. I
used a cloth napkin
and plastic plate from Target for a few
bucks and put
my all time favorite Christmas
decoration on top of it. It's an Eeyore
from Jim Shore.
Finally, I have seen this around this New
Years. 13 things to do in 2013. Last
year I made "goals" that didn't really
happen, shocking. But I hope to make
this years goals possible and have a great
1. Take care of my face better. I have fallen to the 'don't wash every night' routine and it's bad. Fortunately my family has pretty good skin so I should be able to make up for it.
2. Take more photos. I took so many when M was a baby but now that I'm chasing him around, I've slacked.
3. Turn off the TV for background noise and play more music.
4. Take a mini-family trip. Somewhere Mason hasn't been.
5. Do more activities with Mason. Such as painting, playing, etc.
6. Reply to all blog post comments. I have been really bad, and I hate it.
7. Keep up on cleaning, so I don't have to do a big clean every few weeks.
8. Read 25 books, using Goodreads.
9. Eat more healthy. I actually have been doing way better for breakfast and lunch, now to tackle dinner.
10. Do a letter/number a day for Mason. He knows all his letters and numbers 1-9. Plus can recite 1-5 in English & German. I just want to keep the learning going.
11. Take a tour of Lambeau Field. I've been there but I need to do it again.
12. Go to a Milwaukee Brewer & Green Bay Packer game.
13. Have one on one time with Guss at least once a month. I know to some that may not seem not enough but with our budget and limits on babysitters it's the best we can do.
So there you go. I really hope to keep up with these goals this year. And good luck to you who have made some yourself!
Love to your mothers.