Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Love

This post is allllll about pumpkins. 

First off is my pumpkin carving adventure.  I haven't done a pumpkin carving in maybe 5 or 7 years so I went traditional.  I did it all myself and I am proud.  :)

This project I got the idea from Julie at Smitten Mintons.  All it took was a $1.00 pumpkin from the patch and gold spray paint.  Total?  Less than $5.00.  My husband (who I like to call the Grouch of Halloween) even said it looked awesome!
This is all you need.
Mid-Project outside (man that stuff stinks!)
Look how pretty & shiny :)
Finally, Pumpkin Seeds.  I was sooooo looking forward to doing this.  I got the recipe here.  However I baked mine for 1 hour and 25 minutes. 


These actually started out as a disaster.  The seeds are supposed to dry overnight but whatever I did they wouldn't dry.  I thought placing napkins on them would help soak up the water.  Well instead I got seeds stuck to the napkins.  I was ready to give up but I wanted these so bad!  The solution?  Put the napkin/seed mixture into to warm water to mostly separate them, then take EVERY seed and pull off the napkin remnants left behind.  Man, was that a pain.  But to tell you the truth...they are so delicious they are worth it!

Covers #30 of Day Zero : Carve a Pumpkin :)

6 comments:

Holly said...

I looove the gold pumpkin! What a great idea :)

-Holly @ Eight Six Eleven

Holly said...

Awesome!!! The gold pumpkin looks adorable too :)

Jamie said...

I love the shiny pumpkin. It turned out great!

jessica said...

Aww I love shiny pumpkins! Great job!

Laura said...

Spray paint makes everything 100% better. I love the pumpkin and it makes me wonder what kind of center piece I can make for Thanksgiving!

Britta said...

Love the pumpkin! Makes me wonder what else I could spray paint gold...hmmm Christmas seems to beg for sparkly decor :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...