Friday, December 9, 2011

A Past New Year's Eve

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge


Today is the last day to link up with Neely & Amber for the Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge.  The topic - New Year's Eve memories/pictures.

Before I share mine with you there needs to be a little bit of background story.  My mom has 6 brothers and 1 sister which resulted in 16 grandchildren.  After my Grandpa died we all connected again and became pretty close.  So one of the following New Year's we started a tradition.  Last Cousin Standing.  Whenever we get together and share a few *ahem* beverages, whomever is the one that doesn't pass out/fall asleep/throw up/all in all is the last one standing - wins.  Well I have to say...I have won every time.  OK, maybe co-won.  But below is documentation of the first Last Cousin Standing.  I cherish the moments I get to see my cousins and family and just have a great time!  P.S.  this is about 5 years ago! (But it is one of my favorite NYE memories.)

The first few hours we hung out at my sisters house and then we hit the bars. Funniest moment of the night - my sister had a wee bit too much to drink so she is practically passed out at the bar.  So Guss (my fiance then) is holding her up so we don't get kicked out.  Some girl that she knows walks up to him and starts yelling at him "get off her!"  "she's engaged".  1) she wasn't engaged yet 2) my fiance is not trying to hit on my sister.

Me & My Cousin Adam - my co-winner!
The last drinks of the night/morning! (Cranberry Vodka's)  Since it was New Year's the bars were open till 6am! We won!
At the time my cousin (middle) lived in my town and swore his apartment was 2 blocks away.  About 15 blocks and 20 minutes later we finally arrive.  Now this is December in Wisconsin.  Notice what we are wearing.
My sister was not supposed to be on the air mattress with pointy shoes...in trying to get off - this is what happened.
Right before we had our DD pick us up.  It was a really fun night and even though it was drunken shenanigans I know my Grandpa was happy that he brought us closer and together again.


This year my Mother-in-Law will be up at our house watching Mason so Guss & I (and maybe his brother) can walk across the street to the bar.  That kicks off his week of vacation! I'm so excited! :)

Have a great weekend everyone! 

6 comments:

Monica said...

That sounds like a good time! I am pretty sure I would not be the last one standing though

Shellsea said...

That is a hilarious way to spend the night!

Alyssa said...

I don't have siblings and most of my cousins and I are pretty close in age so it's so much to be with them! It looks like you guys have a lot of fun together too!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Now that's a nye to remember! Sounds like a blast!!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

the air mattress and pointy shoes picture.... hahaha I die hahaha

Jamie said...

How funny. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...